Connect with us

%

Mercedes-Benz Recalling Just Over 100,000 C-Class Sedans Worldwide

Published

on

mercedes-benz-recalling-just-over-100,000-c-class-sedans-worldwide

Mercedes-Benz recalling just over 100,000 C-Class sedans worldwide. Image: Teddy Leung/Shutterstock.com

GERMAN carmaker Mercedes-Benz is recalling just over 100,000 C-Class sedans worldwide, according to reports from Germany on Friday, September 23.

In total, about 850 Mercedes-Benz C-Class cars are being recalled in Switzerland, a spokesman for the carmaker in Switzerland told AWP on Friday. The reason is moisture that penetrates into the cars and can lead to a short circuit.

The cars potentially affected by the recall were registered in the production period from October 2020 to June 2022. The owners of these vehicles will be notified in a timely manner, the spokesperson said.

In Germany, 10,254 vehicles are believed to be affected by the recall, according to data from the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA). Mercedes-Benz says it has discovered that moisture can penetrate the signal acquisition and actuation module (SAM) if water gets into the boot.

Various malfunctions could occur due to a possible short circuit, as reported by handelszeitung.ch.

“Among other things, the exterior lighting at the rear of the vehicle could fail, the rear seat backrests could unlock without motivation and the reversing camera could not be available,” a spokesman in Germany told the DPA agency on Thursday, September 22.

As a precautionary measure, the affected vehicles will be retrofitted with a cover over the SAM to prevent the possible ingress of water, the spokesman added.

In related news, last month Mercedes-Benz was reportedly ready to sell its car assembly plant in the Moscow region of Russia, with the deal in its final stage.

The Esipovo plant is now owned by the parent company Mercedes-Benz AG (who own 80 per cent of shares) and the joint venture Daimler Kamaz RUS (who own 20 per cent of shares).


Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

%

Controversial Polish Journalist Jerzy Urban Dies Aged 89

Published

on

controversial-polish-journalist-jerzy-urban-dies-aged-89

Controversial Polish journalist Jerzy Urban dies aged 89. Image: TygodnikNIE/Twitter

Jerzy Urban, the official spokesperson of the communist regime in Poland between 1981-1989, dies aged 89, according to reports on Monday, October 3.

Jerzy Urban, who was infamous for the press conferences after the introduction of martial law on December 13, 1981, during which 100 dissidents were killed, has died.

He was appointed a member of the Council of Ministers in April 1989. He held this position for six months. He also chaired the Radio and Television Committee “Polskie Radio i Telewizja”.

After the political transformation, already in the Third Polish Republic, Urban took up the position of editor-in-chief of “Tygodnik NIE”. He was also the owner of the Urma company which issued it.

The information about the death was confirmed to the media by Urban’s wife, Małgorzata Daniszewska. 

Jerzy Urban nie żyje. pic.twitter.com/3s5kcGciov

— Tygodnik NIE (@TygodnikNIE) October 3, 2022

One person wrote on Twitter: “Jerzy Urban, former controversial Polish communist government spokesman, later the publisher of satirical newspaper “NIE” and a great anti-clerical troll sentenced by a court for offending Pope John Paul II, known internationally as Doctor Earman has died.”

Jerzy Urban, former controversial Polish communist government spokesman, later the publisher of satirical newspaper “NIE” and a great anti-clerical troll sentenced by a court for offending Pope John Paul II, known internationally as Doctor Earman has died. pic.twitter.com/IAyee9E0ZM

— Ausir ↙️↙️↙️↙️ (@VaultAusir) October 3, 2022

“Jerzy Urban passed away. A controversial figure. Some hated him, others loved him. It must be admitted, however, that as a spokesman for communist governments, he did not even lie close to the PiS propaganda,” another said.

Odszedł Jerzy Urban. Postać kontrowersyjna. Jedni go nienawidzili, inni kochali.

Trzeba jednak przyznać, że jako rzecznik komunistycznych rządów nawet nie zbliżył się w kłamstwie do propagandy PiS.

— Pablo Morales (@PabloMoralesPL) October 3, 2022


Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Continue Reading

%

Ukraine Reveals Latest Russian Combat Losses Including Destruction Of 16 APCs

Published

on

ukraine-reveals-latest-russian-combat-losses-including-destruction-of-16-apcs

Ukraine reveals latest Russian combat losses including destruction of 16 APCs. Image: Ukraine MoD/Facebook

ON Monday, October 3, Ukraine’s Ministry of Defence published updated figures of combat losses inflicted on Russian forces since the beginning of the war, including the destruction of more Russian Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs).

In the updated Russian combat losses, Ukraine’s MoD announced that a further 16 Russian Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) had been destroyed by Ukrainian forces on Sunday, October 2. This takes the number of Russian APCs lost in Ukraine to 4991.

According to the latest data, another 320 Russian soldiers died in battle, which has brought the total to around 60,430.

Three more Russian tanks were also destroyed as well as 11 more Russian drones.

The other significant increase in figures is the loss of one Russian plane which takes the number destroyed by the Ukrainian army to 265. Ukraine also confirmed the destruction of one Russian helicopter, taking the total destroyed to 228.

“True courage is being afraid, and going ahead and doing your job.”

General Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr

Total combat losses of the enemy from Feb 24 to Oct 3: pic.twitter.com/y5rPwkBmNj

— Defense of Ukraine (@DefenceU) October 3, 2022

The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine revealed that Putin’s army had suffered the greatest losses on Sunday, October 2 in the Kramatorsk and Donetsk directions.

A detailed breakdown of the 222nd day of the war shows that the loss of the three more Russian tanks now means Ukraine has destroyed 2380, while the destruction of 11 more Russian drones now means that Putin’s army has now lost 1026 in total.

Good morning ☀️

320 more good russians via @GeneralStaffUA #StopRussia pic.twitter.com/8BoSyJLSRX

— ArmyInform (@armyinformcomua) October 3, 2022

The destruction of 15 more Russian vehicles and fuel tanks now means that Putin’s army has now lost 3811 in total.


Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Continue Reading

%

WATCH: Chechen Leader Ramzan Kadyrov Shares Video Of His 'underage' Sons Ready To Fight In Ukraine

Published

on

watch:-chechen-leader-ramzan-kadyrov-shares-video-of-his-'underage'-sons-ready-to-fight-in-ukraine

WATCH: Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov shares video of his ‘underage’ sons ready to fight in Ukraine. Image: Kadyrov_95/Telegram

CHECHEN leader Ramzan Kadyrov stated that his three underage sons would soon go to Ukraine and fight on the front lines.

Taking to Telegram on Monday, October 3, Kadyrov shared a video of his underage sons and said they ‘will go to fight on the front lines in Ukraine.’

“Minor age should not interfere with the training of the defenders of our Motherland,” he said.

“The grandchildren of the First President of the Chechen Republic, Hero of Russia Akhmat-Khadzhi Kadyrov – Akhmat, Eli and Adam are 16, 15 and 14 years old respectively.

“But their military training began a long time ago, almost from an early age. It’s not enough just to know how to shoot. On the basis of the RUS, they are taught how to handle various weapons, how to use them at any distance, and the theoretical foundations.

“I always believed that the main goal of any father is to instil piety in his sons and teach them to protect the family, the people, the Fatherland. If you want peace, prepare for war!”

He added: “Akhmat, Eli and Adam are ready to use their skills in the NWO zone. And I’m not kidding. It’s time to show themselves in a real fight, and this is their desire, I only welcome. Soon they will go to the front line and will be on the most difficult sections of the line of contact.

“I appeal to the idle talkers who claimed that my relatives do not take part in the SVO: in the near future, you will have the opportunity to take positions with the guys and personally see that AKHMAT is POWER!

“Show on the spot your spirit, your ideology and what you are like in general. Prove that you are at least a little bit of a man.

“I am also addressing you, the Chechen-speaking “warriors” who criticise us and sit in front of computers in Europe.

“Come on, move to Ukraine, convince us that you don’t wear skirts and don’t hide behind them.

“We are convinced that even underage children will be able to crush you to smithereens because you have neither spirit, honour, nor dignity. Wait!”

Kadyrov announced that he will send his underage children to war ASAP: Ahmat, 16, Eli (15), Adam (14).

This means that Russia is legitimizing participation of underaged people in combat.

Every day I think that I’ve seen all of Russia’s vice. But there really is no lowest point. pic.twitter.com/PJ9UKFdeks

— Anton Gerashchenko (@Gerashchenko_en) October 3, 2022

The news comes after the Chechen leader blamed Russian commander Alexander Lapin for Russia’s loss in Lyman.

He also said that Russia needs to consider using low-yield nuclear weapons.


Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Spanish Property & News