Connect with us

%

Plane With Large-Calibre Weapons Leaves For Ukraine From Spain's Torrejon Air Base

Published

on

plane-with-large-calibre-weapons-leaves-for-ukraine-from-spain's-torrejon-air-base

Plane with large-calibre weapons leaves for Ukraine from Spain’s Torrejon air base. Image: Spanish Government

A T-23 aircraft of the Spanish Air Force took off from the Torrejon de Ardoz Air Base (Madrid) carrying large calibre field artillery ammunition to Ukraine.

Today’s flight makes this the fifth flight with weapons donated to Ukraine by Spain in recent days, the Spanish government confirmed on Tuesday, September 6.

Last week, four flights took off from the Rota base (Cadiz), with the support of an allied country. The shipments that have been made in recent days total 75 pallets of large-calibre ammunition.

Also today, in response to an express request made by the Ukrainian Defence Minister during the last ministerial meeting in Prague, the Spanish Ministry of Defence sent a lorry with medical material.

Likewise, in response to the urgent request from the Ukrainian authorities for material and uniforms for winter conditions, twenty trailer trucks have already left Spain with the material prepared throughout the month of August by the Army’s PCAMI.

Ten of them have already arrived in Poland and another ten are in transit.


Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Sign up for personalised news

Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!

By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our Privacy Policy for more information about our privacy practices.

%

Russian Draftees And Their Families To Be Paid Lump Sums Of Up To 300,000 Rubles

Published

on

russian-draftees-and-their-families-to-be-paid-lump-sums-of-up-to-300,000-rubles

Russian draftees and their families are to be paid handsome sums, in Russian terms, according to state media site Kommersant.

A report by the media company said that authorities in regions where servicemen are being drafted are offering them and their families lump sums in compensation for their being drafted. Sums of up to 300,000 rubles (€5,300) are being offered whilst monthly wages of up to six times the average wage are being offered.

The Head of the Sakhalin region Valery Ponomarenko told Kommersant: “At this difficult time, we must do everything so that the families of Sakhalin and Kuril residents called up for service do not need anything. We will provide them with the necessary assistance and support until their fathers, husbands and sons return home.”

Payments will be made to:

  • wife of a called citizen,
  • his parents, if he does not have a lawful spouse,
  • his children, if he does not have a legal spouse and parents.

Social media reports suggest that not Russians are not willing draftees, but the offer of money will help to appease loved ones in deprived areas who don’t want their partners, sons and fathers to be sent to the front.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has called for 300,000 reservists to be called up, claiming that these men are shooters, artillerymen, tankers, mechanics and drivers. Footage online suggests few have such skills and that they are in danger of being sent into active service with little or no training.

Russian draftees and their families have, however, little say in the matter and face the choice of jail or the army.


Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Continue Reading

%

UPDATE: Iran's Army Vows To Crush The Demonstations And Deal With The Instigators

Published

on

update:-iran's-army-vows-to-crush-the-demonstations-and-deal-with-the-instigators

14:30 (September 24) – Iran’s army vowed on a day that pro-government demonstrations were staged following Friday’s prayers.

The pro-government rallies called for an end to the protests with some calling for the execution of those involved. As with past demonstrations against the government the army has threatened to step and in to bring the organisers to “justice.”

That could see the demonstrations and the open defiance of clerics and the morality police come to an end, but posts by locals say this time feels different with the extent of feeling far deeper than during previous riots.


12:50 (September 24) – Human Rights Watch has accused the Iranian government of detaining journalists in an effort to stop coverage of the increasing number and size of protests that are sweeping the country.

Attempts have been made by the leadership to shut down access to social media sites without success and now they are targeting journalists as they seek to hide what is happening in the country. But the news is getting out and the anger within the country is growing in scenes reminiscent of the deposal of the Shah.

Iranian regime is arresting journalists faster than ever. It’s another effort to hide the truth https://t.co/3z7ajmPcqG

— Frida Ghitis (@FridaGhitis) September 23, 2022


12:20 (September 24) – At least 35 people have died during protests against the Iranian regime following the death of Mahsa Aminii (21) in police custody.

The report on Saturday, September 24 by AFP News Media follows three consecutive nights of protests and running battles that have seen locals pitted against Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.

Posts online show many scenes of women abandoning the restrictive headdress and clothing that they are ordered to wear by the clerical rulers in a show of absolute defiance. Ordinarily, such displays would be dealt with swiftly by the so-called morality police, but as they are the target of investigations into the young woman’s death and the ensuing protests they have all but disappeared from the streets.

Despite attempts to crack down on protestors, the number of cities, towns and villages affected has grown to almost 100. Statues of leaders are being toppled and burned in scenes reminiscent of the Arab Spring some years back, and police stations and vehicles are being targeted in increasingly violent attacks.

Courageous protestors in Iran have taken control of the city of Oshnavieh, chanting “Freedom” and “Death to the Dictator.”

Please be the voice of Iranian people. #MahsaAmini #IranProtests2022 #IranRevolution #مهسا_امینی pic.twitter.com/i8ih5wui2f

— Dr. Nina Ansary (@drninaansary) September 24, 2022

Although Iran’s President Ebrahim Raisi has said that the case will be investigated, this has done little to quell the riots or the level of anger towards the government and the police.

What makes this uprising different is that in a world where women are treated as second-class citizens, men are taking to the street in support of those protesting Aminii’s death. At the same time, women are throwing caution to the wind and are discarding traditional wear and openly flaunting their “newfound freedom.”

Poesia: la dona iraniana asseguda sense mocador davant els antiavalots, mentre sona “El poble unit mai serà vençut” en farsi. I els silèncis còmplices de molts que callen la vulneració de drets elementals. #IranProtests2022

pic.twitter.com/vi43EZeeOp

— Enric Morera (@enricmorera) September 23, 2022

That open defiance is spilling over into everyday life with women and men increasingly defying clerics and chasing them away, accusing them of having no morals.

Mujeres valientes grabando a clérigos que les intentan obligar a que se pongan el velo en Irán. ¡Y no lo consiguen!

Las protestas están dando resultados poco a poco y el miedo se está reduciendo. pic.twitter.com/DPU0jtON4q

— #PorQuéTT (@xqTTs) September 23, 2022

The news that at least 35 people have died in the protest will only add fuel to the situation, which at this time shows no sign of abating. How long and how far protestors are prepared to go is the question on everyone’s lips, as it is what the international pariah government is prepared to do to hang on to power.


Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.€82.4

Continue Reading

%

Workman Dies After Falling From The Pool Deck Of The Polytechnic University Of Valencia

Published

on

workman-dies-after-falling-from-the-pool-deck-of-the-polytechnic-university-of-valencia

Image of Valencia Polytechnic University. Credit: Google maps – J. Ignacio del Saz

A 24-year-old workman died after falling from the pool deck of the Polytechnic University of Valencia.

A 24-year-old man died in a work accident this Friday, September 23, at the Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV). According to sources from the emergency services, the incident occurred at around 11:30am when the victim was repairing the cover of a heated pool.

The deceased young man is a worker from an external construction company that was carrying out maintenance work on the university’s facilities. He was known to have been wearing a harness when the accident happened.

According to UPV sources, an occupational health and safety technician had apparently supervised the work that the victim was doing just half an hour before the event.

A team from the Urgent Medical Aid Service (SAMU) managed to stabilise the injured man after performing advanced cardiopulmonary resuscitation manoeuvres for about half an hour. According to sources from the Information Centre and Emergency Coordination (CICU), he died on arrival at the University Clinical Hospital of Valencia.

A team of forensic police investigators attended the scene to inspect the cover where the tragic accident was recorded. The body of the deceased worker was transferred to the Institute of Legal Medicine of Valencia to perform the corresponding post-mortem examination. The National Police has taken charge of an investigation to determine the causes of the accident.

___________________________________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Sign up for personalised news

Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!

By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our Privacy Policy for more information about our privacy practices.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Spanish Property & News